UX at Hemnet
“Our users really want to help us to improve our product, all the time. I guess it’s because a lot of swedes love being on Hemnet, this makes the user research parts so much easier” - Niklas, User Research director at Hemnet.
At Hemnet, product discovery, UX and user research is a central part of product development. There are lots of opportunities to influence what we do and how we work to explore design problems and involve the user.
We have the luxury of having several million users, many of them very engaged with a willingness to help us make the product better. We meet our users regularly, at least every second week, and there is also room for research and experimentation using tools like HotJar, Google Analytics, Google Optimize and Tableau.
Join us on our mission to make more people find a place to call home!
At Hemnet, we believe that our most important task is to make everyone's journey to find a new home as smooth, easy and efficient as possible. We’re the number one housing platform in Sweden, and as such we have tens of millions visits, every month.
We are now looking for a UX designer to join one of our product teams, consisting of developers, digital analyst, Product manager and Developer manager.
What you’ll do:
- Support product teams in designing effective, accessible and appealing user interfaces.
- A lot of focus on the user research parts and continuous discovery.
- Lead and iterate around design, and facilitate workshops both with team members and other stakeholders.
- Work in a cross-functional team together with developers, with fast decision making and an experimental mindset.
- Collaborate in the Hemnet UX group, sharing ideas at an early stage, giving and receiving design feedback.
- Understand and balance user needs, business goals and technical feasibility.
We think that you:
- Feel secure enough with your UX background so you can take lead on projects about user research, design and continuous discovery. You have at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Like change and new challenges. You are not afraid to make mistakes since they are part of your learning process. You dare to have a humble, sincere and open dialogue with your colleagues.
- Are curious about user behaviors, want to explore hypotheses and understand people's behaviors, needs and expectations.
- Are team-oriented. You like to meet users, work closely with colleagues and share insights.
- Fluent in Swedish & English, since you will talk to a lot of users.
Do you want to have an impact on how we build one of Swedens most popular services? Welcome with your application!