Hemnet has about 60 million monthly visits. Here people find joy, inspiration and - most importantly - their new home. As a developer at Hemnet, you'll face fun challenges as you develop ideas for products that impact people's lives in positive ways.
Team New Construction
With us, you’ll be involved in developing web applications in one of our eight product development teams. This team, New Construction, provides products and tools for property developers. That means that, as a developer in this team, you will develop a variety of products and features used by people using Hemnet every day.
Today, this growing team consists of four developers, one UX designer, one Digital Analyst, one Development Manager and one Product Managers, all working closely together to continuously deliver smart and valuable solutions to our users and customers.
With us you’ll be a part of the whole development process - engaging in discovery workshops to come up with user-friendly solutions, implementing features and following up on the data to, as early as possible, evaluating success (or failure).
Product development at Hemnet
The teams at Hemnet are self-propelled and cross-functional. We work data-driven in close collaboration with each other - exploring, testing and iterating. We validate against real data and learn from new insights. As a developer in our team you will:
- Have the possibility to contribute in all stages of product development: discovery, design, implementation, testing, maintenance and follow-up.
- Together with the team, drive technical improvements to make sure our applications remain stable, maintainable and run gracefully. You will be able to have a big impact on what we build and how we build it.
- Be part of a team where continuous improvement and continuous delivery are part of everyday work life.
- Work in a friendly and caring company culture where transparency, work-life balance and well-being are high up on the company's agenda.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is an experienced developer with a passion for building great products in close collaboration with other team members.
- Is self-driven and has the desire to constantly learn and develop within their role.
- Enjoys working with both backend and frontend.
- Has knowledge about different design patterns that helps to write high quality, clean and testable code.
- Believes in the value of automated testing.
- Is a true team player who always strives for good collaboration and communication in the team.
Exactly what languages and frameworks you have worked with before isn’t the key for us. We firmly believe that skilled developers can pick up new technologies and you’ll have room for that with us. Here’s a peek at our tech stack:
- Ruby (Rails)
- RSpec and Jest
As one of our ~ 50 developers…
... you'll have an audience of several million users. Having this much traffic allows us to run efficient user testing where we often get results within a couple of days. We share and develop our knowledge through breakfast discussions, lab weeks, brown bag lunches, and training to help you grow in your role.
If this sounds interesting and you want to join Sweden's largest property portal and take it to the next level - send us your application today and let’s talk more!
Way of working after the pandemic:
All employees at Hemnet have the possibility to work from the office in the central parts of Stockholm. We also have the opportunity to work from home the majority of the time.