Hemnet has more than 60 million visits every month. People come to us to find joy, inspiration and - most important - their new homes. We are now looking for a Data Engineer to join us as we are strengthening our platform team.
The Platform Team
Our team's mission is to enable the product development teams to release and maintain their products by providing a powerful, approachable and stable application platform. The team consists of six developers and a development manager with different focus areas such as Data and Devops/Infrastructure. We work closely together to develop and evolve our platform.
Some of the team’s main responsibilities:
- Application and data infrastructure
- Serving analytics and product teams with high integrity data
- Tools for CI/CD, release pipeline and monitoring
- System security, performance, stability and data integrity
- External integrations
A peek at our tech stack
- Ruby & Python
What you’ll do:
As part of the platform team at Hemnet you’ll be working with core functionality in an area that is being highly prioritized in the company. We see great opportunities ahead leveraging from our vast data sources to both broaden and deepen our analytics department and build new data driven products to serve our customers. This will put increasing demands on both infrastructure and data engineering to keep data fresh and accessible with a high integrity. You’ll be part of a team that puts great emphasis on using the right tool for the right task and keeping our data stack modern and up to date. This includes among other things:
- Building and managing ELT data pipelines (Extract, Load & Transform).
- Ensuring data integrity and observability.
- Deploying machine learning models
Who are you?
We believe you are an experienced Data Engineer or an Developer who recently started your journey within Data Engineering. You have previously worked with data pipelines and infrastructure, and have good knowledge of best practices. Personal qualities are important for us, and you should be someone who thrives in a very collaborative environment, and who continuously strives to get the best solution in place.
- Skilled in at least one programming language (e.g. Ruby, Python, Java or C#)
- Experience working with SQL
- Experience with working with Git
- Knows your way around databases (relational & non-relational)
- statistics/machine learning
Way of working after the pandemic:
All employees at Hemnet will have the possibility to work from the office in the central parts of Stockholm. We will also have the opportunity to work the majority of time (but not 100%) remotely from home.
Does this sound intriguing? We look forward to reading your application and learning more about what makes you tick!