As the most popular real estate portal in Sweden, Hemnet receives more than 65 million visits from home-loving people every month and together they make around 80 million searches, looking for their new home. We are a data heavy company that strives to make even more data informed decisions every day.
Help the BI team become better at advanced analytics
As a Data Scientist on Hemnets BI team, you will have a key role in finding deeper insights in our customers behaviour, our business and the property market as a whole. You will be developing forecasts and predictive models using Hemnet's treasure trove of data, and assist various parts of the organisation with defining and predicting important KPI:s.
As a Data Scientist you will:
- Work independently with planning and execution of data science projects, with tight cooperation with stakeholders throughout the organisation.
- Build automated forecasts over things like traffic, sales and supply using both behavioural and content based data from our data warehouse.
- Visualise and present your insights to the organisation.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience from building predictive models and doing forecasts using Machine Learning.
- Has worked with Python and SQL.
- Loves working with data and delivering insights.
- Is really good at collecting, analysing and presenting data to different audiences.
- Always looks for ways to improve how you and your colleagues work.
- Has at least 3 years of experience from a similar role.
About the team
Hemnets BI team consists of two people - a BI Manager and a Business Analyst and they are embedded in the larger team Commercial but works independently with all departments throughout the organisation. Their main focus is to supply data and insights for other teams, management and the board, but also to build their own knowledge around things that are important to the company.
Who are we?
Hemnet is a big brand but a pretty small company of around 120 people who are passionate about helping people find their dream home.
We work in small teams and work actively to share experiences and knowledge with each other. We try to come up with new ideas, question ways of doing things, collaborate and have fun every day. Personal development and the desire to test new ways of working are things we encourage, as the goal is that these lessons and experiences can help us to get even better together.
In our office in central Stockholm, the atmosphere is relaxed and playful. We work in a collaborative environment with shared breakfasts, AWs, conferences, lab days and competence groups.
We will, after the pandemic, offer all Hemnet employees to work from home four days a week but we all do have the possibility of working from the office full-time as well.