Hemnet has about 60 million monthly visits. Here people find joy, inspiration and - most importantly - their new home. As a developer at Hemnet, you'll face fun challenges as you develop ideas for products that impact people's lives in positive ways.
Team Agent Products
At Hemnet, you'll be involved in web application development on one of our eight product development teams. This team, Agent Products, provides products and tools for real estate agents. Our goal is to provide agents with the best possible conditions to make successful real estate transactions and reach new clients.
Today, the team consists of five developers, one UX designer and one product manager who work closely together to continuously deliver smart and valuable solutions to our clients.
Some examples of what we do:
- We provide real estate agencies and brokers with insights into their local market and performance.
- We help agents market themselves on Hemnet, find more business opportunities and reach new clients.
- We maintain and improve the Hemnet customer portal where brokers post listings, purchase products, etc.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with all other development teams at Hemnet.
Software development at Hemnet
The teams at Hemnet are self-propelled and cross-functional, which means you'll be part of the entire product development cycle. We're data-driven and work in close collaboration with each other - we explore, test and iterate. We validate against real data and learn from new insights. As a developer on our team, you'll:
- Be part of a cross-functional, agile product team that includes product developers and a UX /UI designer.
- You'll participate in the entire development process, from engaging in discovery workshops to find user-friendly solutions, to implementing features (in a structured, readable, and maintainable way), to tracking data to evaluate success.
- Drive technical architecture improvements with the team and the rest of the development department.
- Be part of a team where continuous improvement and continuous delivery are part of the daily work life.
- Work in a friendly and caring company culture where transparency, work-life balance and well-being are high up on the agenda.
We're looking for someone who:
- Are a seasoned backend developer having experience working in agile teams throughout the whole product development lifecycle.
- Have experience working with system design, architecture and automated testing.
- Always strive for good team collaboration and communication. You share your knowledge and are transparent in your work.
A look at our tech stack:
- Ruby (Rails)
As one of our ~35 developers...
...you'll have an audience of several million users. With that many users, we can run efficient user tests, often getting results in just a few days. We share and develop our knowledge through breakfast discussions, lab weeks, brown bag lunches, and training so you can grow in your role.
If this sounds interesting and you feel like joining Sweden's largest real estate portal and taking it to the next level - send us your application today and let's talk more!